Thursday, April 23, 2009

Eyes at the back of your head?

Sigh. I don't know if I should be exasperated, flattered or indifferent. *start rant*

A certain someone I used to know has taken stuff out of my old blog (presumably before I made it private), tweaked it a bit and put it up on their blog. The blog is so poorly publicized that I only saw this recently, and that too only because I happened to randomly log into my account in a certain social networking website where this gentleman relentlessly visits me. Some of the copying is so bad, that in some places he hasn't even replaced my "I"s with his own "her"s. Those are his only original bits. How flattering, thank you. =/

The second one is more annoying and still upsets me. This is back in 2006, when I was sixteen and a friend had offered to introduce me to someone who wanted me to write for his website. The website was supposed to be all about literature and the guy asked me to send him stuff I'd already written, which I promptly and naively, did. He wasn't supposed to put it up in the first place, but he did, without asking me (he has subsequently removed the credits for most of my stuff that's put up there). At 16 I was pretty non-confrontational and timid (except maybe when it came to feminism) and I let it be. The guy proceeded to give me work to do and then didn't pay me for it. The whole thing was a disaster. The website has now morphed into something indescribable. Even though I don't even relate to all the stuff that's up there anymore, I can't help feeling a little pang. I want to punch the guy.

And as if I need a little more drama in my beautiful life, as if I DON'T have too much work to do anyway, this third guy I don't even know that well reads my every word he can lay his hands on, and then sends me long preachy emails about my irresponsibility as a writer and how I don't talk about real issues. Why do I worry about cats when real people are dying? Why care about gay people when there are brothels? Shudder gasp! Immoral woman!

Actually, I think I'm going to settle for feeling amused and going back to work. *end rant* Hee haw.

No comments:

Post a Comment